‘Mayhem’ Miller Pleads Guilty To Almost A Dozen Charges, Avoids Extra Jail Time

Jason “Mayhem” Miller was able to avoid additional jail time Wednesday after pleading guilty to nearly a dozen charges from multiple incidents over the past three years.

Orange County Superior Court judge Robert Fitzgerald sentenced the former UFC middleweight to three years probation and 100 days in jail. The 36-year-old was also granted double credit for his 50 days served, allowing him to walk out of the courtroom a free man.

Advertisement

“The good news for Jason is that his life is back on track,” said Cameron Talley, Miller’s attorney. “He’s got his business back, and he’s traveling the world as a commentator.”

The charges against Miller include assault on a peace officer, battery and resisting arrest. The incidents related to the charges include one in 2014 when he barricaded himself into his home and live-tweeted a standoff with authorities who attempted to serve him an arrest warrant, another in 2015 in Laguna Beach where he allegedly kicked and spat at police officers, and another spitting incident with police last year in Costa Mesa.

The decision follows two months after Miller was acquitted of felony domestic violence charges related to a 2013 incident in which he was accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend in Mission Viejo.

Miller told Fitzgerald on Wednesday that he will stay out of trouble and learned from his mistakes.

Advertisement

“I take responsibility for my stupidity,” he said. “You can’t rough up the police with no consequences. I’ll serve my time with my head held high. I’ll straighten up and fly straight.”

Advertisement

Tags