New York, NY – September 12th, 2015 – The Hercules DJControl Jogvision has launched in the European market at the BPM 2015 show, in Birmigham, UK. The attendees of Müsik Messe in Frankfurt were given the first preview of the amazing capabilities of the controller, but now the DJControl Jogvision is available on the BPM 2015 show for attendees to enjoy and purchase.
The DJControl Jogvision is a 2-deck mobile DJ controller weighing only 5.5 pounds with an amazing 5.9-inch-diameter jog-wheels, which include LED displays to guide the precision of any scratching movement. Its revolutionary and ergonomic design makes precision scratching accessible to all DJs with the same comfort and ease as 2 CDJ platters, but within a much more portable piece of technology. The DJControl Jogvision uses Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro.
Since its preview at Musik Messe, Hercules has improved the DJControl Jogvision with 3 exciting new features:
– Cue Color Match for the drum pads: tailored for the control of cue points and samples, the drum pads’ backlights match the color of each cue point in Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro, so that the cue point controls are now in sync with what you see on your laptop screen. This makes triggering your favourite sample or cue point much easier to use.
– Air Roll : a hand gesture with the premiere technology of the air control, gives access to a new sound
– Filter Roll: rolling the hand over the air sensor produces a spectacular roller-coaster effect with a low-pass filter increasing, then decreasing, afterwards re-increasing in a rapid cycle, providing a dynamic feel to any DJs live mixes and performances.
– Air control improvement: switching off the Air Fx resets the Low Pass Filter value on the deck, to avoid keeping the low-pass filter on inadvertently.
Visit the Hercules booth B99 at the BPM Show, to see and hear the DJ duet, Twice as Trendy, in their scratch performance on the DJControl Jogvision, or for more information on the DJControl Jogvision, please check out the product’s sheet.
DJControl Jogvision is the first mobile Hercules DJ controller to feature a display in the center of each jog wheel, simultaneously indicating both the playback speed and position in the track at a glance. These displays allow DJs to spend less time looking at a computer screen, for enhanced focus, faster responsiveness and better track syncing – paying more attention to the music and their audience instead.
NEW FEATURES : CUE COLOR MATCH and AIR ROLL !
– Cue Color Match: Tailored for the control of cue points and sampler, the drum pads backlights match the colour of each cue point in Serato DJ and DJ Intro, so that cue points control is natural and intuitive
– Air Roll, a hand gesture with the air control, gives access to a new sound, Filter Roll: rolling the hand over the air sensor produces a spectacular roller-coaster effect with a low-pass filter increasing, then decreasing, afterwards re-increasing in a rapid cycle
The in-jog displays are unique in this mobile DJ controller category
The jog wheels show 3 key pieces of information which visually guide your gesture for scratching and mixing!
• During playback : 2 rings = 2 pieces of information
• The blue ring’s rotation speed shows the playback speed of the track
• The white ring’s display shows the position within the track currently playing
• When scratching: the display shows the angular position.
Boost your performance
• Thanks to the displays, focus on your performance instead of focusing on your computer screen
• Locate the target position at your fingertips, much faster than having to look up at the computer screen. Scratch with more precision and more easily!
You’re a scratcher? Get the feel of CD deck platters
• Both blue displays rotate at 33⅓ RPM
• If you can scratch with two DJ CD players, you can scratch with DJControl Jogvision
• Whatever your scratching skills, the displays guides your hand’s move
Audio design customized for club or mobile DJing
• Built-in high resolution 24-bit /96 kHz audio interface
• In addition to the Mix and Headphones outputs, a Booth out with adjustable volume for speakers
• Microphone input to talk over + Auxiliary input to connect an external audio source. Both are recordable
• Powerful enough Master and Booth outputs to connect PA systems
• DAC Wolfson, 106dB SNR (A-weighted)
The controller for Serato software
• Includes Serato DJ Intro
• Serato DJ Upgrade Ready (Serato DJ is a paid upgrade)
Controls designed for performance
This 2-deck controller combines ergonomics and sturdiness.
• 2 decks + 1 central mixer, in an ergonomic and mobile shape
• Robust construction for durability and transportability
The powerful jog wheels emulate the feel of CD deck platters
• 15 cm/5’’90 : similar diameter to the platters on DJ CD players, the largest platters in its category
• Instant touch detection to scratch with high precision and with no latency
• Distinctive style : combination of the platters’ aluminum and the display
2 sets of 4 drum pads – with RGB backlighting and « CUE COLOR MATCH »
• When pressed, the drum pads do not depress, so trigger commands (samples or cue points) faster than other kind of pads
• Different colored backlighting depending on Sample mode or Cue point mode
• « RGB Cue color Match »: In Cue point mode, the color of each pad matches the color of the Cue point it controls in Serato DJ. A perfect match between hardware and software for an intuitive control
Air Control: Unleash your creativity and improve your stage appearance thanks to the contactless sensor!
The Air Control converts the distance between your hand and the sensor in modulation of the low-pass filter
• Control the low-pass filter without any contact, your hand moves create new sounds: ‘Filter Push’, ‘Filter Cut’, ‘Filter Roll’ (spectacular roller-coaster effect!)
• The Air control range of 12’’/30 cm lets the bit magical DJ’s hand movements be seen by the audience!
Posted x @BOOKLIGHTHOUSE